Black Badge CourseIn order for a Canadian citizen to compete in IPSC matches in Canada, successful completion of our Black Badge Safety Training course is necessary. The course consists of a few hours of classroom time and approximately two days of live firing on the range. This course is used to train competitors in our sport and give them the basic skills necessary to participate in IPSC competitions. A manual is provided to assist the students and will be used as a reference throughout the course. The Black Badge course teaches a combination of safety, proficiency, and understanding of the rules. The progression of skills will be learned by:
- Completing the techniques under the close supervision of the instructor.
- Observing techniques demonstrated by the instructor, and
- Reading the materials that are provided with this course.
Reloading while moving
- Drawing from a holster,
- Reloading on the move,
- Moving with a firearm,
- Shooting strong and/or weak hand, and
- Shooting from various positions.